Andrew S. Hollins
TRIAL PRACTICE AREAS:
Trial Lawyer of the Year – 2005
ABOTA – OC Chapter
Super Lawyer – 2009-2014
As one of the founding partners of Hollins Law, Mr. Andrew S. Hollins not only brings over 35 years of extensive trial experience but also a standard of integrity and excellence that has become the hallmark of the firm. His reputation is synonymous with the firm’s motto of “fearless trial advocacy.”
Mr. Hollins’ skills and experience as a litigator and leader have put him in high demand from some of the nation’s largest businesses and financial institutions. He has successfully tried or handled cases all across the country, including matters in Washington, Nevada, Pennsylvania, South Dakota and Oklahoma. In the high stakes field of insurance bad faith defense, where damage claims can exceed ten figure sums, he is the number one choice for legal counsel by top corporate executives and leading professionals. In just one example, Mr. Hollins’ skillful defense assured the financial future of a client’s company by prevailing in a case where damages in excess of $1 billion were being claimed.
Honors And Awards:
- Awarded “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the American Board of Trial Advocates – O.C. Chapter, 2005
- Awarded “Super Lawyer” – 2009-2014 by Super Lawyers™
- “Won the “Wiley W. Manuel Award” by the State Bar of California, 1992
- Featured in The Verdict, a publication of the Southern California Defense Counsel, for successive defense verdicts in a row
- Recognized by the State Board of Governors for pro bono legal services
- Recognized by the Orange Country Bar Association for pro bono legal services
- Woodland University, Mid-Valley College of Law, Van Nuys, CA (Juris Doctor – 1977)
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (Bachelor of Science – 1973)
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Orange County Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Prevailed as lead attorney in the first case of a subsequent class action matter in
Okla. alleging over $1 billion in damages to a leading financial institution.
- Won more than 25 defense verdicts in insurance bad faith cases where demands
ranged from seven figures to nine figures.
- Obtained a unanimous verdict for the defense in a quadriplegic injury case for which
he replaced the defense team only 45 days before trial.
- Re-tried successfully on behalf of a commercial insurer two cases where the original verdicts were the largest individual awards ever levied against the client.
- “Masters in Trial” : Defense Team Coordinator, American Board of Trial Advocates
- “Technology in the Courtroom,” American Board of Trial Advocates
- More than 25 seminars for industry and specific business groups, such as the Risk
and Insurance Management Society, Association of Legal Administrators, and
California Association of Legal Secretaries
- “Cumis and Its Progency” – January, 2011